Valentine’s Activities in Spanish
This is a topic which I love, but I never find good ideas or nice materials to teach a great Valentine’s class or Spanish Classes in February! So this year, I decided to
innovate and I created Spanish and Portuguese classes with the Valentine Day topic which not only teach the vocabulary of a day which is celebrated in some Spanish speaking countries but also teach children to share and show friendship! Enjoy!
Today I will share my ideas for Spanish:
1) Children ages 3-5 will hold on a portion of a large tablecloth, making a sort of parachute and place a light pink ball in the middle, la pelota de la amistad! When the ball pops up, they will shout amigo, when stays on/around the tablecloth, they will shout pasa…pasa! children love to move the ball around!
2) Children will pass a soft ball, and say Pasa, pasa, pasa mi amigo! The teacher will stop and say Amigo randomly and the child who has the ball will share it with a friend in the circle….teaches them how to share and how to be nice to friends. Songs are originals composed and written by me. Email me for words and tune.
3) I also show the snoopy San Valentin cartoon which is cute:
4) We made a San Valentin card which they colored and cut. I don’t have a template to upload to the blog but you can easily make a card and have them color it.
5) Lucky charms craft- I used the marshmallow hearts on lucky charms box and they glued to a heart shape. They loved doing it! You can use paper heart or stickers as well.
6) Valentine’s Tic tac toe – regular template with hearts printed on card stock as pieces, white and red.
I hope you enjoy my activities! Try some of them with your little ones!
EasyLearn Languages CEO
Tags: Card Stock, Dear Readers, Heart Shape, Large Tablecloth, Little Ones, Lucky Charms, Marshmallow, Paper Heart, Parachute, Pink Ball, Portuguese Classes, San Valentin, Snoopy, Spanish Classes, Spanish Speaking Countries, Tic Tac Toe, Valentin Card, Valentine Activities, Valentine Day, Valentine S Activities